Saturday, December 23, 2006

MacLeans January 1st 2007

I haven't quite figured out what to do with this blog. I was feeling kind of morbid when I started it but now I feel quite fine. At any rate we'll see where it goes. However, today I would like express my extreme outrage for a certain interview published in the January 1st edition of MacLeans Magazine. The article was addressing how young girls dress like hussies. Valid complaint. The part that pissed me off was that the interviewie Celia Rivenbark,started going off about how she would switch off the radio station and say "no!" if she disagreed with the content of music her eight year old daughter was listening to. I don't understand why she would simply sensor what her child hears. I think that in this instance, awareness is key. Why do you feel she shouldn't listen to this song? I mean come on, an eight year old girl isn't incoherent. She can understand things if she's allowed the chance to comprehend. I strongly suggest checking it out if you have the chance. There are quite a few articles in that issue that are well worth the 5 bucks.

No comments: