Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dating trends are confusing...

Oi. I was reading some interesting posts on a blog about the courting process in different countries. How of course, in north america there is quite a woman-purues-man trend thats been going on for well, at least as long as I've been alive.

So I got to thinking about the whole dating process in general and my dating history. It occurred to me that I can actually count the number of times a guy approached me to ask me, on a date. Thats two. Every other guy was approached by me, initiated by me. Now I've dated lots of people but there is something rather strange in all this that never ceases to confuse me is whats with the lack of men approaching women for a date? or of all things, a conversation? I've spoken about this with many of my gal friends and they concure that very few men have ever initiated any sort of start out relationship. Of course, you gotta leave out the late night drunken bar assholes, because those are a dime a dozen. But that's not someone looking for a relationship. It seems that for some reason, it's become more acceptable and common practise for a man to drunkenly walk up to a gal and ask her to go home with him, than for a sober man to walk up to a gal and invite her to dinner. How did this happen ? Was it always like this? I regret that I do not know since I'm only 24.

No comments: