Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'm A Music and Film Addict! Free Me!






I've been neglectful lately. I thought I'd post my appreciation for second hand music stores here in Ottawa. "Turning Point" has always been my weekly stop for records, dvds, and cds. I have an addiction.

I can't stop purchasing albums and movies. I've had to set my limit to 5 cds a week, 5 records a week and 2 movies a week. Sometimes I get carried away and get more, but I try not to. I've recently started going to CD Exchange on a regular basis. I've found that they have amazing indie cds for 10 bucks, not to mention that they have great prices on their New cds as well. Yesterday I got Jerusalem by Sleep, for 15 dollars! Beat that End Hitz.

My wonderful finds from CD exchange yesterday include: Song:Ohia- "Ghost Tropic" , Chavez- "Gone Glimmering" (which is an album I've been looking for since 2003! seriously, I can't find their music anywhere!) Arab Strap- "Elephant Shoe Jet St", Constatines-"Shine A Light" (which I've always neglected to buy since I memorized the album and can listen to it in my head whenever I want. I've seen them in concert more times than I can remember, although missed the last show about 3 weeks ago)

All in all, an excellent day at the music store. I rarely find good DVD's at CD Exchange and I have recently resorted to ordering my movies from HMV because I've exhausted all other sources. I'm excited because both "Zelig" and "Shadows & Fog" (woody allen) came in today! And an oldie "They Shoot Horses Don't They" which is such a disturbing movie! Jane Fonda is great tho! It's the only movie to be nominated for so many academy awards yet never got Best Picture! Nominated for Nine awards! Only Gig won for Best Supporting Actor. I can't wait to see it again!

No comments: