Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Music Blog.

You know it's been a while since I've done a good old fashion blog on music. So let me just blog on some music for a bit.

OOO, music dweebey fact :
After recently re-watching "High Fedelity" I decided to look up the band refered to by Dick as Licorice Comfits. The one he got at Vintage Vinyl that happened to be a japanese import only. I found out that this is a made up band. Guess they wanted to fuck with all the music snobs out there.

Okay but in all seriousness, I've been lacking a certain new variety in my music diet. I really want a new band to come grab me. Lately I've been sifting threw some oldies and some old favorites. Sonic Youth of course, Elliot Smith, PJ Harvey... well you get the picture. I'm happy to report I actually do enjoy about 4 tracks off the latest White Stripes album. I've been absorbing some metal but not really enjoying much of it. I like this band, "mouth of the architechs".

There are a few noteable upcoming shows that I got tickets for:

Eric's Trip with Elevator
High on Fire
The Locust

No comments: